VSS Parent/Teacher Interviews will be held on Thursday, October 13th. Interview times are available from 2pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm. This year we are using a new online scheduler to
Tomorrow, you will be receiving an email with the new password and instructions to access the MyEducation Parent Portal.
For those teachers who are using the marking program through MyEducation, The Parent Portal will allow you access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account.
To Access the MyEducation Parent Portal:
1. Click on the Grey MyEducationBC button located above in the Quick Links section of our school website.
2. Make sure popups are enabled for your browser.
3. Your username will be the email address that you supplied the school with.
4. Your temporary password will be emailed out to you tomorrow.
5. Enter your username and password then click Log On to access the system. You will be prompted to fill out some information to change your password so that in the future you can click "I forgot my password"" to receive a new password if you should ever forget the password you create.
Note: The new password that you create must be FOIPPA compliant. The password will need to be a minimum of 8 characters long, will require a capital letter, a number and a symbol (we recommend using a '$').
**If you do not receive an email, please contact the office to ensure we have the correct email information.
For more information please view the following:
There will be a Parent Information Night at 7pm in the library on Thursday, Sept 29th. The purpose of this meeting is to get parents of students in grade 8 and 9 acquainted with some of the language we are now using with the new curriculum and to provide a rationale for the redesign.
Please find attached a letter to parents written by the Minister of Education, Mike Bernier. The letter outlines some of the
changes that we are anticipating as a result of the revised curriculum
and provincial exam schedule.